The objectives of the Estonian Cultural Foundation in Australia include:
- The promotion of Estonian history and culture in Australia;
- The teaching and promotion of literature, design, crafts, performing arts, radio, TV, moveable cultural heritage, music, community arts, video, visual arts, film, etc which is of Estonian origin;
- The preservation and promotion of Estonian language skills;
- The promotion and development of cultural relationships between Estonia and subsequent generations of Estonian descent, born in Australia;
- To facilitate cultural exchanges between groups with similar objectives from Australia and Estonia; and
- To consolidate and coordinate with like Australian organisations with cultural ties to Estonia.
The ECFA regularly grants funding to organisations that meet these objectives. In 2019, the ECFA helped the Australian Estonian Choir Kooskõlas successfully apply to sing at the 2019 Estonian Song Festival, Laulipidu.